Laurence Jay Ltd

Experienced providers of energy assessment services SAP BRUKL and EPCs in C

Phone Number: 0161 427 2699

Who Needs C E P Certificates

  • Posted by:
  • Admin
  • Tags:
  • Commercial Energy Performance Certificates
  • Posted date:
  • 27-07-2016
Who Needs C E P Certificates

Commercial Energy Performance Certificates – Who Needs It?

You need to know how energy efficient your building is. Let’s take a look at an EPC and why it is important for any building owner to have.

An energy performance certificate is necessary for any building in the UK. You need to have an EPC before you rent or sell your building to someone. The same is true for commercial buildings. If you own a commercial building, you need to obtain a Commercial Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).

You’ll need a commercial EPC if you rent out your premises or want to sell it. you’ll need one when your building construction is finished and can be fined if you don’t obtain one. If you make extensive changes to your existing building, you’ll also need to have an EPC.

The cost of a commercial EPC will depend on the size of your building. It will also be determined according to how frequently it is visited by the public. These certificates are valid for a specific time period, after which is needs to be renewed.

As a building owner or developer you need to ensure that you have a valid EPC. This should be done before you rent out the building to tenants or sell the building. You can be fined if you don’t have one, so it’s important to work with an experienced team to obtain your EPC.

Laurence Jay Ltd specialises in energy assessments in Manchester. The company works with clients throughout the UK and has been in business for more than 30 years.